1. Conclusion of the contract
The rental contract is made between the customer making the reservation (henceforth known as the patron) and Sport Adler. The rental takes place solely according to the terms and conditions below.
The rental price is paid in full online and can be paid through the available forms of payment. The valid prices are the “online booking prices” stated on the Sport Adler website for the corresponding equipment or category of equipment. The booking is validated for the customer when the online payment is made and the booking confirmation is received; for the rental shop it is validated when the booking confirmation is received.
3. Provision for cancellation/withdrawal
Cancellation of the booking is only possible in the case of illness, accident or other severe reasons (e.g. death of a relative or a fellow traveller). If the cancellation reason is on the grounds of illness or similar, this has to be notified in writing to Sport Adler and proof in form of a valid medical certificate has to be supplied.
To cancel a booking, Sport Adler imposes a cancellation fee of the sum of 15 Euros for each person for whom a booking was made. Moreover, the patron has the option of withdrawing from the rental contract at a favourable price. This can be achieved by paying, in advance, a deposit to the tune of an additional 5% of the rental price, provided valid reasons for cancellation are presented. In this case, the cancellation fee will not be cleared, but the previously paid deposit will simply be forfeited. The difference between the previously paid sum and the cancellation fee will be refunded to the patron But in case of early return of equipment the dealer has to reconfirm in writing to Head Office before the open differential amount can be refunded. No refund of the rental price can be guaranteed if the winter sport equipment is received late on the part of the patron, or if it is not received at all for any other reason. The same is true if the patron returns the ski or snowboard equipment to the rental company early. Unfavourable weather conditions, or other hindrances which are not within Sport Adlers power, do not entitle the customer to cancel the booking. In the case of injury or illness on the part of the patron during the rental period, the following arrangements are valid, on presentation of a doctor’s letter.
a) a refund of the rental price is only possible if the rented equipment is returned to the rental company immediately after the onset of injury or illness.
b) if point a) is satisfied, the excess rent which has been paid will be refunded from the date issue of the doctor’s letter onwards. No refunds are available without a doctor’s letter.
c) as soon as Sport Adler are informed of a case and points a) and b) have been satisfied, the excess rent which has been paid will be transferred immediately.
4. Collection and return of equipment
The patron must present both a form of official photo identification (e.g. passport or driving licence) and their booking confirmation in the rental shop and agree to a copy of the identification being made. The equipment can be picked up from the rental shop after 16.00 on the day before the first day of the rental period. The ski/snowboard equipment must be returned before close of business on the last day of the agreed rental period. In the case of the ski/snowboard equipment being used for longer, the difference between the actual period of rental used and the period of rental reserved and paid for will be calculated and will be payable on site.
The patron is responsible for the rented sport equipment and should only use it with care, according to its function and operating conditions. If the sport equipment is already defective when it is rented out, the rental shop can exchange the sport equipment or cancel the contract if it cannot repair the defect. Passing the equipment on to a third party is not permitted. The patron must ensure that the skis are only put down singly and separate from each other, or stored in ski safes. Overnight, sport equipment should be stored in a locked ski room at the accommodation or in a locked vehicle.
In the case of theft, breakage or damage due to improper use or infringement of the imposed duties of care, the patron is responsible for repair costs or replacement value. In the case of theft, the patron must report to the appropriate authorities within 24 hours and report the theft demonstrably and promptly to the rental company.
7. Data protection
Personal data entered into this website will be processed and used exclusively for processing your requests and for online reservations. In accordance with effective national and European regulations (data protection). The patron agrees with the permanent saving and use of the data for marketing (e.g. Newsletters) purposes. This permission can be revoked for free at any time, e.g. by email to email@example.com. Sport Adler protects the confidentiality of your details and will not sell, hire or make it available to third parties.
Data privacy statement
We place great value on protecting your data. In order to fully inform you about the use of personal data, we ask you to take note of the following data privacy statement.
Collection, processing and utilisation of personal data
Personal data are only collected when you disclose them to us on your own accord (e.g. subscribing to our newsletter, sending an enquiry through our website, making an online booking, etc.). Beyond this, no personal data are collected.
Personal data which you transmit electronically on this website, such as name, email address, address or other personal information, will only be used by us for the purpose indicated, stored securely and not passed on to third parties. The provider automatically collects and stores information on the web server such as the browser used, operating system, link page, IP address, time of access, etc. These data cannot be associated with any specific individual without checking additional data sources and we also do not analyse these data as long as no unlawful use of our website has occurred.
Basis of the legal requirements
The EU General Data Protection Regulation, the Data Protection Act 2000 as well as the Data Protection Amendment Act 2018 serve to safeguard the right to protect personal data. We process your data exclusively on basis of the legal requirements (GDPR, DPR 2018, TKG (Telecommunications Act) 2003).
It is a matter of great concern to us to protect and securely store all personal data you entrust us with. In this document, you will learn more about how we use and process your personal data.
Purpose limitation, legal basis, storage duration as well as data receivers
1. The collected personal data is required by us for contractual performance, settlement, asserting contractual claims, for customer service and for advertising purposes. The data will be collected, stored, processed and used for these purposes.
2. The legal principles for processing your personal data are, on the one hand, contractual performance, justified interests, the performance of our legal and/or contractual obligations as well as, on the other hand, your consent (e.g. contact form, newsletter, online booking, cookies). Non-provision of these data can have various consequences.
3. We process your personal data, to the extent required, for the duration of the entire business relationship (from the initiation, processing all the way to termination of a contract) and even beyond that in accordance with the legal storage and documentation obligations, which result from the Austrian Commercial Code (UGB), the Federal Fiscal Code (BAO) as well as until the conclusion of any legal disputes, running warranty periods, etc.
Online Rental Form
1. Your details, including personal data from our form, are transmitted to us through our own mail server, processed and stored at our company. These data will not be collected or shared without your declaration of consent. Without these data, we cannot process your enquiries.
2. Data processing takes place based on the legal requirements in § 96 Sect. 3 TKG as well as Art 6 Sect. 1 lit a (consent) GDPR
1. Cookies, other tracking technologies as well as features of the web analysis service Google Analytics (read below for more information on this) may be used on our Internet platform in various ways.
2. Cookies are small text files which make it possible to recognise the user and analyse their use of our website. The information generated through this will be transmitted to the server of the provider and stored there. It serves to make our Internet presence more user-friendly, effective and secure. Furthermore, cookies are used to measure the frequency of site views and for general navigation.
4. Your IP address will be recorded, but immediately pseudonymised. This will allow only rough localisation.
5. Data processing takes place based on the legal requirements in § 96 Sect. 3 TKG as well as Art 6 GDPR (in particular consent). As the privacy of our users is important to us, the user data will be pseudonymised.
Use of Google Tag Manager
This website uses Google Tag Manager. Google Tag Manager is a solution that enables marketers to manage site tags through a single interface. The Tag Manager tool itself (which implements the tags) is a cookie-less domain and does not collect personally identifiable information. The tool triggers other tags, which may collect data. Google Tag Manager does not access this data. If disabled at the domain or cookie level, it will remain in effect for all tracking tags implemented with Google Tag Manager.
Use of Google Analytics
Our website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service from Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043 USA, hereinafter referred to as “Google“. Google Analytics employs so-called “cookies“, text files that are stored to your computer in order to facilitate an analysis of your use of the site. The information generated by these cookies, such as time, place and frequency of your visits to our site, including your IP address, is transmitted to Google’s location in the US and stored there. We use Google Analytics with an IP anonymization feature on our website. In doing so, Google abbreviates and thereby anonymizes your IP address before transferring it from member states of the European Union or signatory states to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Google will use this information to evaluate your usage of our site, to compile reports on website activity for us, and to provide other services related to website- and internet usage.
Google may also transfer this information to third parties if this is required by law or to the extent this data is processed by third parties on Google´s behalf. Google states that it will in never associate your IP address with other data held by Google. You can prevent cookies from being installed by adjusting the settings on your browser software accordingly. You should be aware, however, that by doing so you may not be able to make full use of all the functions of our website. Google also offers a disabling option for the most common browsers, thus providing you with greater control over the data which is collected and processed by Google. If you enable this option, no information regarding your website visit is transmitted to Google Analytics. However, the activation does not prevent the transmission of information to us or to any other web analytics services we may use. For more information about the disabling option provided by Google, and how to enable this option, visit tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
We would like to point out that this website uses Google Analytics with the extension "_anonymizeIp ()" and therefore IP addresses are only shortened processed in order to exclude a direct personal reference.
You can prevent the collection by Google Analytics by clicking on the following link. An opt-out cookie is set, which prevents the future collection of your data when visiting this website: Disable Google Analytics
Use of Google Adwords Conversion-Tracking
For purposes of promotion, our website also employs the Google ad tool "Google-Adwords". As part of this, our website employs the analysis service "Conversion-Tracking" from Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043 USA, hereinafter referred to as “Google“. If you access our site by way of a Google ad, a cookie is placed on your computer. Cookies are small text files that your internet browser downloads and stores to your computer. These so-called "conversion cookies" cease to be active after 30 days and are not used to identify you personally. If you visit certain pages of our website while the cookie is still active, we and Google know that you, as user, have clicked on ads placed on Google and were redirected to our site.
Use of AddThis Plugin
Our website employs the bookmark service addthis.com. AddThis is a service of Clearspring Technologies Inc., 8000 Westpark Drive, Suite 625, McLean, VA 2210, USA. Each time our website receives an access request equipped with an AddThis component, the component prompts your browser to download an image of this component from AddThis. Through this process, AddThis is informed exactly which page of our website is being accessed. In addition, addthis.com also records your IP address, browser type, browser language, the website previously accessed as well as the date and time you visited the site and uses this data to compile an anonymized user profile.
This data allows AddThis and its partner companies to direct targeted personalized ads at website users based on their particular interests. The display of advertising material occurs based on a browser cookie put in place by addthis.com, which analyzes user interaction with the website. You can permanently prevent addthis.com from placing a cookie on your browser by downloading and installing the opt-out cookie available at the following link: www.addthis.com/privacy/opt-out. You should be aware, however, that by doing so you may not be able to make full use of all the functions of our website. You can find the data privacy policies for AddThis at the following internet address, along with information about the collection and use of data by AddThis: www.addthis.com/privacy/privacy-policy
Sport Adler GmbH uses technical and organisational safety measures in order to protect the stored personal details against random or deliberate manipulation, loss or destruction and against access by unauthorised persons. Our safety measures are continuously improved in keeping with the technological progress.
Consent and right of revocation
1. If your consent is required for processing your data, we will only process them after having received your express consent.
2. As a matter of principle, we do not process the data of minors and are also not authorised to do this. By giving your consent you also confirm that you are 15 years of age or have the approval of your legal guardian.
3. You can revoke your consent at any time to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org. In such a case, the data related to you which has been stored so far will be anonymized and in further consequence only used for statistical purposes without personal reference. By revoking the consent, the legality of the processing carried out based on the consent until the time of revocation will not be affected.
Your rights - Right to information
You have the right to receive information with regard to the data stored about your person, their origin and recipients as well as the purpose of storage at any time.
1. You have the right to information at any time on part of the responsible party regarding the personal details in question. Provided that no legal duty to preserve records exists, you have the right to deletion of these data as well as objecting to their processing. Furthermore, you have the right to correction of the data as well as restriction of the processing, to data portability and to file a complaint with the Austrian data protection authority (Wickenburggasse 8-10, 1080 Vienna, Email: email@example.com).
2. With regard to your rights, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or write to:
Sport Adler GmbH
Further information and contacts